You can use the Institutional account to inform the public or other GSOLE members about your program. We're piloting a program that displays Institutional Members in a area at the bottom of pages throughout the GSOLE site. Visitors to the GSOLE site will be able to click on the display to find out more about the institution. To participate in this pilot, take the following steps:
- Add a new account--a Program Information Account--to your Institutional Membership bundle to provide access to program info. Follow the same steps you would for adding an individual faculty, staff, or student, but adjust the details as suggested below. Alternately, you can use the Bundle Administrator account itself as the program's Program Information Account.
- Enter the name of the program as the first name and your school's name as the last name. You will probably want to make the contact e-mail something equally appropriate to represent the program, whether that's an administrator's account or some other kind of organizational e-mail inbox regularly checked by a program administrator.
- Set this Program Information Account's profile picture to a 16:9 image, While GSOLE reserves the right to review this image and ask for changes, you're otherwise free to use the image to represent your program however you see fit. Consider developing the promotional image in a slide-presentation app, exporting the slide as a web-compatible image (jpg, png, etc...). Provide a brief description of the program in the Bio field, which may also include links to pages on your institution's site.
- Set the Program Information Account's profile settings to allow for public viewing. This will ensure that the profile with it's promotional info is accessible to both GSOLE members and non-members visiting the site.
- Contact <firstname.lastname@example.org> to request your Program Information Account appear in our "Institutional Member" rotation. At the bottom of many GSOLE pages, you'll see a section including a profile image of our featured institutional members. For your institution to join the rotation, complete the steps above and let us know that you want to try out this new feature. In your e-mail provide e-mail username for the Program Information Account.